Hello Etsy sellers! I started my shop about a month ago and am still learning all the ins and outs of Etsy. Here are a few things that I have learned. Please feel free to comment and add things you have learned. We all need to learn more to get a few more sales here and there!
1) Fill out your policy and profile! I have heard time and time again that people who buy from Etsy like to know about the seller they are buying from. Why loose a sale when you could just take 10-15 minutes to fill out the profile so people know a little more about you!
2) PHOTOS! PHOTOS! PHOTOS! We can't hear it enough but if you have bad photos it is hard to sell things! So work on making those photos right! This post on Etsy has ALOT of info on it for good photos. http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5169829
3) Business cards. Gosh business cards are amazing! Get some business cards and hand them out to friends, family, coworkers, etc. They will tell people about you! They are great. Overnightprints usually has free 100-500 business cards for new people, you just need to pay shipping...GREAT DEAL....don't pass it up. Also, add a business card into your packaging! People sometimes forget your info so it would be great for them to have it especially when they are opening up their package.
4) Networking. Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Blogging! All those are great tools. I started a Flickr and joined a few groups and what do you know! I got a sale from it :] Here is some info for Twitter: http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6127828
5) WEAR YOUR ITEMS! (if you can) Wearing your items is always a great idea because people then might ask you where you got it from and *boom* you can pull out that business card you have been carrying with you and *another boom* SALE!
6) Read the Etsy forums. There are so many posts and help from wonderful people there. It has helped me so much and I hope it can help you.
If you have any more tips, please post them! I'd like to know! :]