Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year's Resolutions



2012 is going to be here before we know it! Have you started thinking about your New Year's Resolutions yet? I just started thinking about it and here are a few ideas to help you get started:


  • Spend more time with friends & family - I am so guilty of work, work, work. I definitely am going to make this part of my resolution this year.
  • Fitness - Last year, I was always saying tomorrow. This year, I got the gym pass and am going to get my butt in gear! I would rather spend time now getting in shape and being healthy, then spending time later in life being sick!
  • Enjoy Life More - This goes hand in hand with spending more time with friends & family. Getting out more and just relaxing and having fun.
  • Learn Something New - I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to learn how to knit. What would you like to learn new?
  • Help Others - Volunteering can be from donating, to helping at a soup kitchen, to mentoring a kid, to building a house. I would love to volunteer more in the coming year!
  • Get and Stay Organized - Organization can be a totally reachable goal, just got to keep at it and stay organized! (That is the problem for me) There are many blogs about organization, so that you can invite people over at a whim without having to feel stressed about cleaning, you can find things when you need them, etc!
  • Eat Healthier - Works hand in hand with begin fit! I signed up for sparkpeople.com and I think it will be good for my new year's resolution of being fit and eating healthy.
  • Save Money - With our wedding around the corner (in June), I would love to save some extra money to save for a home purchase.
  • Read More Books - Anyone have any great book suggestions? There was a time when I used to read a book in a day. I would love to start reading like that again.
Here are a few more resolutions ideas that may apply to you:


  • Get Out of Debt - So many households are having trouble in this economy. This year it is time to take control of your finances and set goals to get out of debt. Set a strict budget and see how much money you can save.
  • Drink Less Alcohol - Drinking too much alcohol can be costly and can hurt your body as well. If you are trying to eat healthier and be more fit, then drinking less can help too.
  • Go to Sleep Earlier - Going to sleep earlier, may make you feel more refreshed and your day may actually feel longer. 
  • Quit Smoking - In America, on average, about 500,000 deaths per year are due to smoking related diseases. A great resolution is to quit smoking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment